Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crawling - well, Centipeding

Cadence started crawling yesterday. It was funny, I was in the kitchen when Bonnie said,"Come here and look at Cadence". I thought she was rolling somewhere. As it turns out all you need to motivate a child to crawl is a shiny pair of orangey/gold bifocals. Who knew. She looks like a centipede when she moves. She pulls her legs up with her core muscles and then lunges her body forward and then repeats. Cadence only crawls for glasses or the remotes so far but it has only been 24 hours or so. Notice when she does involves the knees it is a little too much motion and she almost gets a rug burn on her little nose!

3 comments:

Gabbin' with Giff said...

That is hilarious!! I have to say, I've never seen that before. Yea for Cadence! Aislynn...still not walking and I'm trying to enjoy every minute. From what I hear, I won't be able to sit much once she does start walking.

Anonymous said...

I am proud to be grandpa to a centipeder! Like the overshoot to a face plant...we'll have to work on that one. Great job Cadence!! xoxoxo

Tony & Kirsten said...

LOVE the crawling! I wish I'd known, so I could have asked her to perform last night. And I'm amazed that she can go pant-less. Luke pulls off his diaper if we try that.