Thursday, January 22, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

My friend Kisti "tagged" me to tell the world 10 things you might not know about me...

I just realized my computer says it is 10:10 p.m. - and I am going to write 10 things about myself...strange.

1. I remember / characterize people by colors - not skin colors but like crayon colors. For example, my sister-in-law Amy is "green" to me. She is down to earth, nice, real, fresh and fun.

2. I always wanted to have a family full of children from around the world and a LOT of them. In 4th grade our teacher read us a book about a family who did just that, I cannot remember the book name but I do remember that I would love to have a big family like theirs. (That teacher ended up adopting 2 children later in life.)

3. I have known my husband since early elementary, had crushes on each other for a long time, and dated in H.S. - then he broke up with me. HAHAHAHA but I am obviously over that fact.

4. I really wanted to be an Native American when I was little, then I changed to wanting to be a cowboy, in many ways I still do want to be a cowboy (but a girl :).

5. In college I contemplated getting a degree in animal husbandry (ie: breeding animals). I was fascinated by the idea of genes and what they combine to become. Then I realized it would be a weird job, plus very expensive to try to get into.

6. I love being out west - maybe that is not a secret but it is really hard to think of 10 things!! I lived in Colorado for a couple years and have been on many vacations out to other parts of the west and I cannot get enough of it. Someday we might live there - not really - but I can dream.

7. I love road trips. I love to watch the nation fly by, stopping at any little place that looks interesting, trying new restaurants and making "getting there" half the fun (as my dad would say). Plus, great conversations happen while you are in the car and nobody can get away! And if no one wants to talk then you can get in a lot of good reading.

8. I have been to almost every state in this great nation (thanks to lots of road trips). I have not been to the following:
Alaska
Washington (D.C. or the state)
New Mexico
Oregon
Nevada
Idaho
Utah
Mississippi
Louisiana
The Carolina's
W. Virgina
Virgina
and maybe some of the other small NE states NJ, RH, but I have been to quite a few.

I could really take care of all but 2 on two different road trips. But I will not be doing that with an infant - though many brave souls do that (Kira...)

9. I don't really like crumbled meat. Blame my mom for telling stories of meat processing plants...or just the texture...I can eat a hamburger and tacos but for some reason the texture of crumbled meat is a little bit of a stretch for me most of the time.

10. I am a terrible speller - no really. This is probably not a huge shock for anyone who reads what I type. I tried in school to learn to spell but I wasn't a natural talent for me. Then when the spelling tests ended and spell check was available I completely let the idea of learning to spell better go. Terrible I know. (I had to change 3 words in this paragraph alone...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe I knew most of those things about you, which is good since you are my daughter! However, I didn't know about the Native American part--that must have come from your great grandmother on my side. Also, you have been in Nevada, Idaho, and Utah. You were only in kindergarten so you may not remember those states so ask me sometime and I will give you some stories to remember them by. It was on a road trip to California to see your aunt and uncle.

Heth said...

That was really fun to read.

But now you've got me questioning ground beef. Thanks a lot. :)

Tiffany said...

well, according to my nephew ground beef at Taco Bell is a grade F...is there a grade F??? but i eat their tacos. so maybe my fear / disgust is not that bad.

Anonymous said...

This was fun. I can just hear you talking. You are so loveable! And please don't say that about Taco Bell......sigh. You mom made me suspicious at the meat counter years ago, and now you are casting doubt on my favorite tacos?
And now I wonder what color I have been all these years? Yikes!

PS And that photo of Cadence....adorable!