Thursday, January 1, 2009

Stocking and a Lost Sock

Cadence and I went "after Christmas deal hunting" again today. I wanted to find her a stocking. I had no such luck. So when I went to JoAnn's I found a blank red felt stocking...I found a lot of them. So I decided to make her one. Right below the stockings where pretty felt letters that spelled out Christmas - her name starts with a "C" so I started there. I went on and found some felt ornaments that I will use as decorations. Oh, and since "R" and "T" are also in Christmas I got us stocking to make...we will see how all this goes. I always have such high expectations for my crafts. I will post pictures when I get them done - if they look good! Off to crafting ---

But before I go, we always get "oh what a cute baby boy!" because Cadence has a blue car seat and stroller - but today I had her in a brown and pink outfit with pink polka dot socks - and no car seat. I was carrying her through Hobby Lobby. Of course she kicked off her shoes so she was shoeless Cadence and her sock fell off while shopping. Some lady in the checkout line said - "oh look honey he lost his sock". So I felt and sure enough her sock was off - I said something clever and turned to find the missing sock - did I mention she was in pink and the sock was pink - ok, then another lady pointed it out and then said "stop that cart" (seriously it was just a sock, and it would have been ok if run over...) and then a random gentleman picked it up for me (I was only 1 foot from it...who knew everyone cared so much about a sock. If only people would care that much for unborn babies, or AIDS orphans or...). A mom and little daughter are passing by (they were the dangerous cart drivers that had to be stopped so an innocent sock wasn't harmed) and the mom said "oh look honey that baby lost their sock" and the little girl said "mom, it is a GIRL" (the little girl put the emphasis on girl). YEAH, little girls unite!!! So then I got back in line and the "its a boy" lady said "would you like me to put HIS sock back on" - I said "sure". I will have to post a picture of "the outfit" when she wakes up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think SHE looks like a little girl. anyone who thinks otherwise, is blind. :)

Anonymous said...

I think you need to have her start wearing a bow in her hair...Obviously, pink clothing isn't enough. How many little boys dress in pink???