Friday, June 20, 2008

The Short Version of Labor and Delivery


Going to the hospital -- her cute faux-hawk and bow from the nursery workers -- then her going home outfit that her daddy picked out. He is the best! Ryan was the awesome during labor. We did a lot of "dancing" and walking and birthing ball and breathing and and and. Poor guy hardly got to sit down. Though he did get a shake and chix sandwich somewhere between 3 and 4 centimeters. Which I must say was unfair and smelled delicious. He barely had time to sit during any of the Pitocin time, I kept him pretty busy- I really think those first few days he was as exhausted as I was. He did sit in between contractions during the pushing phase. Ryan said he was hoping that I didn't notice -- I did. :) I suppose when it is all over and you stare in the face of your little blessing that it is all worth it - all of it.

4 comments:

Gabbin' with Giff said...

She's beautiful! I'm lovin' the bow! How did you get it to stay? (or does she just have enough hair to hold onto it?) What a great job you did! Can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

I'm missing her (and you guys!) loads already! Great job guys. She's a keeper.

Amy said...

it is all worth it, for sure. Kudos to Ry Ry for picking out a nice going home outfit.

Heth said...

I love that white outfit! So sweet.